FreeStyle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Five

Julia Hill
    Julia Hill

Location | Ligging : All Around The World
    Posts | Bydraes : 151
    Points | Punte : 259
    Join date | Datum aangesluit : 2011-08-28
    Age | Ouderdom : 53

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Five Empty The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Five

Post by Julia Hill Mon 19 Dec 2011, 8:39 pm

On The 5th Day Of Christmas

My true love gave to me ...
    5 Gold Rings ......
    4 calling birds,
    3 French hens,
    2 turtle doves,
    and a partridge in a pear tree

Salvation, I can now lay off the valium – no more birds I was going to have to get a self storage unit for all the birds .... the neighbours were going to complain .... I mean I don’t live on a farm for heavens sake! Which you would have thought this true love would have realised by now .... and so for golden rings .... what on earth to cook – ah yes this is cause for a true celebration, most definitely and I think it calls for some seriously decadent, yummy pancakes ... chocolate stacked pancakes

The simplest pancake recipe ever

1 – egg
    2 – tablespoons milk
    3 – tablespoons flour (not self raising)

(this can be multiplied many times over successfully)

2 – teaspoons cocoa dissolved with a little boiling water

Mix the basic ingredients together, until creamy and smooth
    Add in the dissolved cocoa, stir well and then allow the mixture to stand for 30 minutes or so

For the filling:
    Nutella
    1 250 mls tub cream whipped till thick (optional)
    ½ slab of dark chocolate, melted
    1 tub of mixed berries soaked in a little brandy (optional extra)
    Gold leaf for decoration

Using a non stick pan, bake the pancakes, nice and thin, stacking them under a cloth until they are all done so that they don’t dry out.

Spread the prepared pancakes with nutella spread and cream (optional) stacking them up to make a “cake”
    Top the final layer with nutella and drizzle the dark chocolate which you have melted over the top, if you are using the brandied berry mix pour that over too and then decorate with more cream and gold leaf flakes

Cut the “cake” into slices, sink down into your favourite armchair, snuggle up with a loved one and enjoy!

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 2:22 pm