FreeStyle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Trainer of Good Husbands …

Julia Hill
    Julia Hill

Location | Ligging : All Around The World
    Posts | Bydraes : 151
    Points | Punte : 259
    Join date | Datum aangesluit : 2011-08-28
    Age | Ouderdom : 53

The Trainer of Good Husbands … Empty The Trainer of Good Husbands …

Post by Julia Hill Fri 16 Sep 2011, 5:50 pm

So, we are all bought up with dictates of what life will be like, what we should do, who we should strive to be and be with … funny no-one mentions in the manual of life (which incidentally if you find my copy – please return asap!) that sometimes the best of intentions are simply not enough …

A (long) while ago, I met the most charming of men – just the type to take home to Mommy! No more of the bad boys I so craved! And of course one of the “rules” that had been relentlessly drilled into my head that the way to man’s heart is through his stomach – well, I was off to a good start in catering as a career and passionately so, or so I thought. I lovingly poured over recipe after recipe and nothing hit the right note – I needed something that was going to warm his blood, be ever so smooth and tender on the palate, and preferably not leave me looking like a lobster climbing out the pot as I exit to the dining room with my “creation” to seduce him right to the core of his being – and of course making him mine! Well, the evening went to plan, cooked the curry and did win over the man’s heart for a while until … he met his wife to be at another party! … Ah, well - such is life you might say except this curry has gone on to seduce more men – and all for other wives…

I am told that I am great trainer –
    Jules gets a husband – zip ; Well trained husbands for others – four
    (And I guess I can proudly boast still happily married at last count J)

I still love to make this curry, perhaps it’s the simplicity of the spices, perhaps it’s the memories which are more happy than painful really, perhaps it is because I am addicted to coconut milk in cooking or perhaps it is just because I approach this dish with great abandon and joy when cooking it and the smells just make your tummy smile, and who knows maybe ….

Current date/time is Fri 29 Mar 2024, 12:52 am