FreeStyle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day 10

Julia Hill
    Julia Hill

Location | Ligging : All Around The World
    Posts | Bydraes : 151
    Points | Punte : 259
    Join date | Datum aangesluit : 2011-08-28
    Age | Ouderdom : 53

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day 10 Empty The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day 10

Post by Julia Hill Fri 23 Dec 2011, 11:20 pm

My true love gave to me ...
    10 lords a leaping,
    9 ladies dancing,
    8 maids a milking,
    7 swans a swimming,
    6 geese a laying,
    5 Gold Rings ......
    4 calling birds,
    3 French hens,
    2 turtle doves,
    and a partridge in a pear tree

I simply can’t be a party to this any longer – no more gifts please you silly so-and-so .... now I have ten lords leaping all over the place, chasing the dancing girls and milking maids – it is absolute chaos – even the chef agrees and we don’t know how to feed all the extra people here at the Serenity Farm right now – so we have decided that we are taking the bottle of cooking brandy, some mince pies and gingerbread (there is still a little left) and we are going to sit down by the pond, sadly I ran out of Valium last night but maybe some more will be left in my Christmas stocking soon – and see if we can work out what to do .... I do think that the chef might be a little madder than me he has given me this insanely weird recipe to try for roasting chicken – I told him that I had already posted a recipe for that but he insists – so here it is .... I cant afford o jeopardise my brandy supply

Chef Frankos Drunken Chicken (feeds about 4 people)

Preheat oven to 180C

Take one chicken and a bottle of brandy and a can of beer.

Wash the chicken, sip the brandy and put the can of beer inside the chicken (yes inside and yes sealed????) the top of the can should be sticking out of the chicken

Season with your favourite herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and put it in a roasting pan, place the pan in the oven ... no wait have a sip of brandy first to fortify your nerves.

Put the chicken in the oven, it is important that the can faces the back of the oven, taste the brandy – it is very important to maintain quality checks on taste to ensure your customer satisfaction (or your guests)

The chicken is cooked when the can explodes and propels the chicken out of the oven and it lands on your carefully aligned kitchen table. It is important to stay under the table at all times as standing in front of the oven is a contravention of Health and Safety rules. Should you feel the need to add more brandy to the chef during the cooking of the chicken this is perfectly acceptable and adds to the flavour and enjoyment of the dish.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 5:00 pm