FreeStyle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Food for thought : Chillis

Julia Hill
    Julia Hill

Location | Ligging : All Around The World
    Posts | Bydraes : 151
    Points | Punte : 259
    Join date | Datum aangesluit : 2011-08-28
    Age | Ouderdom : 53

Food for thought : Chillis Empty Food for thought : Chillis

Post by Julia Hill Thu 02 Feb 2012, 4:30 am

Chillis are fascinating – with so many varieties available, one is hard pressed to not find one to love .... and you know I didn’t really know much about chillis in line with being an aphrodisiac ingredient until quite recently. And it is very much founded in the one thing that we love about them ... the heat factor!

It turns out that chillis have two effects physiologically on the body – firstly it increases blood circulation mostly on the “outer layers” i.e. our skin, and secondly, as it opens up our pores it increases perspiration as a means of “cooling us off”

That is all good and well – but how does it turn the humble chilli into an aphrodisiac? Well working hand in hand with our brilliant if not always utilised brains – it seems that this chilli heating us up makes a subconscious connection in the similarity of how the body heats up before, during and after making love .... what a wonderful connection and I say why not use it!

In truth Chillis are seen to be a somewhat mild and merely suggestive aphrodisiac, but I think on a personal level, the bright colours, the heat adjusted to your palate, and the fact that it really does take love to prepare a dish with chillis is what makes it a sublime ingredient in any meal, and if one cooks with love the heat will go just that little step further.

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 2:31 pm