FreeStyle

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Eleven

Julia Hill
    Julia Hill

Location | Ligging : All Around The World
    Posts | Bydraes : 151
    Points | Punte : 259
    Join date | Datum aangesluit : 2011-08-28
    Age | Ouderdom : 53

The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Eleven Empty The Twelve Days of Christmas ... Day Eleven

Post by Julia Hill Sat 24 Dec 2011, 5:42 am

On the 11th day of Christmas, my true love gave to me ...
    11 pipers piping,
    10 lords a leaping,
    9 ladies dancing,
    8 maids a milking,
    7 swans a swimming,
    6 geese a laying,
    5 Gold Rings ......
    4 calling birds,
    3 French hens,
    2 turtle doves,
    and a partridge in a pear tree

07h00 .... Chef Franko and I are hiding in the scullery, it seems that the people who run this place – Serenity Farm - my *@#%$, might have called in the National Guard – there is the most awful noise outside and we are worried that it will get louder – feeling somewhat tender after the bottle of brandy, and the drunken chicken...

09h15 .... It seems that awful racket was the next delivery from my feeble minded idiot so called true love – now having sent me eleven pipers piping, they have thankfully stopped playing the pipes and are chasing the maids and dancing girls and the lords – I don’t understand, my nervous tick has developed into a full blown tremor and I feel quite ill – Chef Franko and I are off the rob the cabinet of cooking alcohol I don’t think we left much behind yesterday ... but we are going to need help getting through the next twenty four hours ....

15h15 .... Chef Franko has decided to cook dinner, but he can’t remember where he put the recipe book so we are just going to wing it – oh, wait he says we need refreshments first so off to the stores for that case of whisky that we found on our hunt this morning.

16h15 .... Right the Chef is warbling round the kitchen singing “I’ve never been a gambling man” (by the Overtones) and making a bizarre but yummy sounding salad ... I will make notes as he cooks and hopefully someone can use this – it is the season and we finally have Turkey on the menu ....

Spiced Turkey with Couscous and Pomegranate Salad (4 people)

Now the only thing wrong with this recipe is that you need left over turkey so Chef Franko has put the bird in the oven and we are nipping out for a quick drink while the turkey roasts (it was meant for Christmas Day but needs must as the saying goes) – see you in about 5 hours ....

21h15 ... back in the kitchen, and Chef Kranfo is back at work ....

Chopping, chopping, chopping – 2 tablespoons each of mint, dill and parsley, 2 tomatoes into cubes, 1 green pepper into small cubes, ½ cucumber into cubes – I wonder if this Franko / Kranfo is a square – he seems obsessed – and they put me in here – HA!

Juicing – 1 lemon and grating the zest
    1 tablespoon harrisa paste
    1 tablespoon olive oil

250 g couscous – soaking in enough water or stock to make it fluffy – I am confused is couscous a food or a pillow group – I seem to have lost mine – has anyone seen my pillow it is very nice and fluffy – oh no the tremors are back .... Dr Valium please!

500g turkey meat roughly chopped, and tossed with the harissa paste, lemon juice and zest and olive oil until well coated – allow to rest for a while – pour a nice glass of whisky (wait that is what Chef is doing not part of the recipe)

Fluff up the couscous and add the remaining chopped ingredients (not the fruit though and not the turkey) .... pile into a pretty serving dish.)

Take a tub of pomegranate seeds, sprinkle them prettily over the couscous and table and floor (oh no it seems just in the bowl is actually what is meant to be happening, pour another whisky (for the chef)

Pile the turkey on top of the couscous as well – make it look pretty and serve up to your guests

I am exhausted, all the trauma of the past eleven days and it is hard work keeping up with Chef Plonka ... and the medics are useless, and security at Serenity Farm non existant – I need to sleep ... I hope someone has arrested that silly fool – I know I can’t take much more of this

(c) Julia Hill
    23/12/2011

Current date/time is Sun 19 May 2024, 6:06 pm